Saturday, March 31, 2012

Baby Blankets

Thursday afternoon and evening I cranked out these lovelies:

We are hoping (really hoping) to bring home a beautiful baby boy this coming week. We have met him a few times and he is such a cutie! We love him already and are so hoping it works out to have him come home with us. I have his nursery pretty much finished, but I needed to make something special for him from me. My Mother taught me how to make these blankets a few years ago and I have made many for my friends' children, finally I need to make some for me!

Dogs and such on green, backed in red with a fence-style stitching around the edges.

Camouflage with orange footprint stitching.

Playful blue puppies with running flowers stitching.


These are so cute! (If I do say so myself.) I have had the blue puppy fabric for many years just waiting for its boy to need it. The other two we picked up at JoAnn (I know, ugh...) recently. Both the camo and blue puppies are double sided with the same print, the green dog print is backed in a solid red. All are flannel.

These blankets are so fast and easy to make and wash up to a wonderful softness. Everyone I have given one to loves the size and weight of them and many have become inseparable from their child owners. I am thinking of writing up the "pattern" so that you all can share the flannel loveliness, that is if you are interested...

1 comment:

Dad said...

They are all cute but the camo...now that's a real boys blanket!