Sunday, April 29, 2012

Little Man's Hat

Mr. Baby needed a sun hat.


I used Butterick 5056 size Medium and quilting cotton for both the hat and lining.


This little button has been hanging out in my button box for years. I can't even remember where it came from now. Obviously it was waiting for just the right thing.

I'm sure I will be making more of these, it was a fairly quick sew although making this hat felt like sewing in 4D. It was hard to visualize what I was supposed to be doing as I followed the instructions. The only thing I would change for next time is to cut the lining pieces a bit smaller than the outside pieces. It was difficult to get them to line up properly and it bunches a bit in a couple places on the inside, but you can't see that.

It looks even cuter on!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ooooh, the chub!! Cute hat, too. ;)

Dad said...

That is absolutely great!!!!