Monday, May 21, 2012

First Sorbetto Top

First off, I must apologize for this photo! Maybe someday I will have a proper camera, but until then you all are stuck with pictures taken with my phone (or John's, which is a little better).


A few months back I started following some sewing blogs for a bit of inspiration. All of a sudden, everyone was talking about Colette Pattern's Sorbetto Top. A free pattern! I had already been following the Colette blog but must have come in too late to see this pattern. I loved her patterns but was hesitant to spend so much for a pattern when I wasn't sure of the cut or fit. This was the perfect solution! So many cute versions had been made and I decided to join the bandwagon. I'm not sure where this fabric came from (probably either Mom's or Grandma's stash), I've had it a long time, though, so in the spirit of cleaning out my stash I used it. It's a slicky fabric, probably a polyester or rayon or a blend of the two. It was just the right amount for the top. I used a prepackaged white bias tape for the neck and sleeve edgings. I'm fairly pleased with the fit, though there are a few adjustments I have in mind to make for the next one. I'll talk about that when I actually make it.

Right now, I'm going to take advantage of what's left of nap time!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Cute! :)

Nic said...

Super cute! And you're looking great too!!

Mom said...

Yep. That's from my old stash. You need to come to my house and take more from my stash!