Friday, January 24, 2014

Valentine Wreath


My first finished project of 2014!

I started it January 1 and finished it the next day. Ravelry project page is here. I used Lion Brand red wool and then cut the hearts freehand from felt. I used stick-on velcro to attach them but I probably should have used hot glue. Crocheting around a styrofoam form is a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it it goes quickly.

This is more "crafty" than my projects usually are since I felt the need for something mindless on New Year's Day. Also, my lack of a Valentine Wreath has bothered me for years. I know, I'm weird... So, here it is and it makes me happy when I come home.

I have many ideas for more of these, probably more than I can hang on my door. So watch out! You might get one for Christmas!

3 comments:

Nic said...

Looks great!!

Dad said...

It's very Vanentiney! Good job. You make me happy when you come home!

Dad

Dad said...

OOPS! I meant Valentiney.