Friday, January 2, 2015

A Quilt Fit for a Boat

For Christmas 2013, we gave John's Mom and Dad the concept of a quilt for their boat. This was something we had been contemplating for a while but never quite had a great idea for it. After much discussion and tossing around ideas, we came up with the idea of small blocks with different scenes from their travels in Alaska. John designed the individual scenes and I turned them into appliquéd blocks. After adding the sashing and borders, I quilted it on my machine: waves on the sashing pieces, ropes on the borders with anchors in the corners.

The quilt was finally finished in time to be their gift for Christmas 2014.


They have decided that it is better suited to hang on the wall in the guest bedroom so that it will not be ruined. I think that is a great idea and now everyone who comes to stay with them can enjoy it.

(I keep forgetting to take pictures of my finished projects. If I get a chance to take some up close, I will post them.)

No comments: