Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Queen Victoria in Nine Years


Nine years! Almost to the day, is how long I worked on this cross stitch. I started it December 2005, when we were living in the trailers in Blacker Hovse in Pasadena, and finished just after Christmas 2014, in Seattle. It wasn't constant work. I would get sick of it sometimes and put it away. Football season seems to be the best time for handwork...sitting on the couch "watching" the game with John. It's not entirely inattention, I have learned a (very) few things about the game over the years.

It looks so impressive all professionally framed and hung on the wall. It's hard to believe that I did that. It's just the same stitch over and over again using different colors.

This photo is of it finished while drying. It is important to wash handwork like this in soapy water (Dawn is best), rinse it well and dry it flat. The oils on skin can damage the fabric over time and degrade the colors.


I don't remember where I found the pattern, except that I found it online as a PDF, not a kit. I'm sure a person could google it.

I've been pondering entering it in the fair. I've never done that before, it seems to require a belief in one's own awesomeness.

1 comment:

Nic said...

You should believe in your own awesomeness cuz you are very awesome! Vicky never looked better. LOL